The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (78buckshot), 112 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,425
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
>>>ClickHere<<<< for Glove Box Pictures.

I bought a new glove box door when my truck was getting painted because the old one was dented, I ordered a new one, and delivered it to the body shop they painted it and threw the old one away. Now I am trying to put a new lock in the glove box because I bought a complete lock set, but my door and the latch will not match up. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? The latch almost seems like it should mount in the glove box door and the J portion would hold on the dash, but there is a hole in the dashboard originally from the old one and this IS the old lock. I guess I must have bought the wrong door unknowingly and now they don't marry up. Is there a way I can correct this with out having to buy another glove box door and have it repainted? Can I buy a different type of lock that will work with this door? That would be easier and cheaper I would guess. Can you see what is wrong here? I can't. Thanks John

PS. When I searched Glove Box or Glove Compartment over 1000 hits came up, that’s why I am asking here. I wasn’t trying to be lazy and not do the work myself.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 202
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 202
Hi, 53John, I just checked my 49 and it has the same lock. Install the lock in the dash and it will clip to the door . If it will not line up, loosen the door screws on hinges and move the door to center it.


Keep the 216's running. 1949 1/2 ton model #1314 (US 3104) Brian
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
Yeah you were right, I quit to soon, It is old technology. I would have thought the "hook" or the "J" portion of the lock would actually hook into something, but it goes between the door and the latch and holds it that way and retracks when you push the button, weird design if you ask me. Much thanks!


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0