| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Jack Ryan, Peggy M, TUTS 59, 1955 1 Series, 2-Ton, Hawkman, baldeagle, 2 invisible),
70
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,356 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 47 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 47 | Hi -
I've run into a snag with clutch parts for my '49 Chevy 3600 3/4-ton truck. I ordered p.n. MU54691A clutch kit from RockAuto and it does not match my existing clutch. The obvious difference is that the original clutch mounted onto the flywheel with nine (9) bolts and the new clutch only has six (6) bolt holes. After checking on line with NAPA Auto Parts and RockAuto, all of the images of their clutch kits show only six (6) bolt holes. My original clutch looks very similar to Fig. 121 on pg. 6-91 of the Chevrolet Truck Shop Manual except there are nine (9) perimeter bolts. What is the correct clutch kit for my truck?
Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 203 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 203 | Hey Dan, I went through the same thing, thread , there's a 9, 10, and 11 inch clutch for these with respective pressure plates. I put the 10 in which has the 6 bolts. I'll check to see what my 9 inch has tonight, but check the bolt pattern diameter, the outer and inner diameters of the clutch mating surface on the flywheel and the clutch to make sure they match. Whoever you buy from should have all these dimensions. And I'm sure all this info is in some other thread on here somewhere. Try searching for "flywheel" "clutch" and "pressure plate". Good luck, Dave
Dave
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 47 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 47 | Thanks...
I checked out AutoZone, but after I went to order the parts, the web site indicates that the clutch housing is not available. Just the 10.75" clutch disk is available. Any thoughts?
Dan M. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Have yours rebuilt locally. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 502 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 502 | local rebuild or try napa. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 47 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 47 | Greetings!
I just wanted to share my parts search with everyone. AutoZone had the clutch plate, but none of the local parts houses had the clutch cover. Inland Truck found me a clutch cover at a very reasonable price. JC Chevy Trucks has the clutch parts available, but seemed awfully expensive to me. After receiving all the parts, I then found out that Chevs of the 40's have all of the clutch parts at afforadable prices.
Thanks, Dan M.
1949 Chevy 3600 3/4-ton pick-up | | |
| |
| |