The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (rfs56trk, Gdads51, Hanks custodian, MikeStone1953, Shaffer's1950, Biermann), 74 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,084
Posts1,056,334
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66609 09/28/2006 12:24 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2
The u-joint in my original 3 spd failed and the tailshaft for my tranny snapped off. I have acquired a 3 spd overdrive from a 1955 that I'd like to install. I have a new open rear end. My original engine had been replaced with a later model 250 with side mounts replacing what I assume were front and rear engine mounts. The new tranny does not have any obvious mounting flange, but I am guessing it needs more support. Do I need to find a bell housing that will provide rear engine support and leave the tranny hanging or do I need a rear trans mount?

#66610 09/30/2006 2:02 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
My sm420 heavy duty 4 speed is bolted directly to the bell housing which is sitting on a brace. There is no mount on the back of the tranny. On my 72 truck there is a brace on the 700r4 automatic. It doesn't need anything else. That's all in there pretty solid.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0