The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (KEVINSKI), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 79
J
jmh
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 79
After much toil and many dollars I have rear brakes.I saw some info in another post but cannot find it now. It concerned the proper "feel" of the brake pedal.After bleeding it has a firm feel with no noticeable leakage or leakdown from the pedal. The pedal goes down about two thirds of the complete travel length and is firm.I have a new hydrovac,wheel cylinders, and lines from the rebuilt master cylinder aft. Is this correct? I adjusted the new shoes correctly on lightly turned hubs.When should I readjust after waiting for the new shoes to "seat"?
I can relate to the person who said he was spending his kids inheritance.So far its running about 100.00 a week!

Thanks,
JMH

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
Well give yourself a brake and have someone pat you on the back.
After you wear down the high spots on those new shoes and re-adjust hopefully the pedal travel will become less.

Dan


Remember your freedom - US Veterans provided it.
101st Screaming Eagles

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0