The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Chip O, Donf, Otto Skorzeny), 64 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,693
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Hello all, I'm new to the Stovebolt group. I'm in the unfortunate situation where the original 305e V6 in my '64 GMC K1000 is too tired to go to work anymore and too expensive for me to rebuild. My plan is to replace the '64 V6 with a '90 Chevy 350. Does anyone know if the location, style and shape of the motor mount perches on the frames of the '64 GMC K1000 and the '64 Chevy K10 are the same? I'm hoping to buy V8 motor mounts, bolt them to the new motor and then bolt the mounts to the frame. Which motor mounts should I get? Any help in the V6 to V8 swap would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Greg in Central Florida


Thanks all,

Greg in Central Florida
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
you can always check with the 60-66 gmc group. don't know whether or not if the frame perches are the same or not. just get a set of perches from a 230-250 i6 or a 283, just don't get them from a 292 I6. they shouldn't cost much
ron

forgot it being a 4x4 as they are different than a 2x4
. I looked for a set for 5 years and didn't find a set. this guy has some though and if you can get to his photo album you can check them out and see if they are the same. Tony Smith
4-5-6 Chevy Trucks
560 South 11th Street
Kansas City, KS 66105
913-207-7789
[email protected]

I did get the mounts that I wanted but they came out of a 67 4 x 4 and there is a crossmember with them.. i think that it is a better setup as it does stiffen up the frame there by the steering box. if you are putting in an a/t this is the way to go as you will have to remove the crossmember under the bellhousing or modify it. this adds support to that area. if you want a photo of it, just ask.
I did have a detroit diesl in there and removed it after having it for 20 years and all the old mounting was gone
ron

Last edited by padresag; 07/14/2010 4:38 AM.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
I know that the 60-62 chevy 4x4's are diff. from 63-66 chevy 4x4's. I'll pm you my email, send me a pic of yours. I had a 63 gmc 4x4 and I forgot what they looked like. They are totally diff. from a 2wd.


1961 k-10
86 c-20
02 duramax
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=382290&page=2 line 29 shows the pass side frame perch for a 64-66 k10. don't know how this compares to a 305 perch as have never seen one
ron

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Thanks padresag for that link of Mr. Tony 4-5-6Chevy's '66 K10 build up it gives me a look at the Chevy motor perches. They do appear to be somewhat different. The '64 GMC perches have two holes to mount the rubber motor mounts directly to the perch. Does anyone have a link or photos of a Chevy '64-'66 K10 motor mount/perch with the V8 engine installed? And Mr. Tony, that is one very beautiful '66 Chevy you've built there.
GregK


Thanks all,

Greg in Central Florida

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0