| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,637 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 23 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 23 | I finally got my truck up and running and had been driving it for a week or so. I went to start it (warm) and smoke came out from under the hood. My carbureter was on fire. It took me a while to get the hood open to extinguish the flames so the carb got pretty hot. I'm sure it destryed any plastic or rubber parts. It is a GMC 305 V-6 with what appears to be the stock one barrell carb.
What are my chances of finding a rebuild kit for this carb and will the fire have damaged it beyond repair? It was probably burning for about a minute, and the air filter was destroyed. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 164 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 164 | I got a kit for my 62 351 v6 at napa but I had to modify it some but you may not have that problem with the 305. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | There a couple of carbs used on that motor. Was it a Zenith or a Stromberg? You could probably find a replacement on eBay for short money. You can probably throw a Rochester on there to get it running again in the short term. http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=gmc+strom*&_sacat=&_sop=10&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_dmd=1&_odkw=gmc+zenith&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313 Kits http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carb...arts_Accessories&hash=item209a0c3f79carb-not the best deal
Last edited by k10; 07/16/2010 3:02 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 | Taz,
I sent a Pm and have an extra Stromburg carb. | | |
| |
| |