| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 19 | I took the front axle off 2 years ago and I am putting everything back. I know I should have taken more pictures but.......Riddle me this Batman, There are 6 holes on each side of the front axle. 4 are for axle bolts, one is for the leaf spring bolt head and there is a smaller one in between the axle bolts. What is it for? Does it go to the front or rear? | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I don't beleive the extra hole serves any real purpose, or not as far as I can tell. What i can tell you is that it goes to the rear.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | What year and model of truck are you working on ? 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 19 | 1949 3100, so...they are just holes.....there to confound me? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 36 | You got me curious, so I went out & looked at my '49 3100. Nothing in the hole but dirt. Like said before, it goes to the rear. Scott | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 19 | Thanks guys. Riddle solved then. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 136 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 136 | Are you referring to the line up holes for the leaf spring center bolt??
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 19 | No, there is a smaller hole just below that hole. Evidently it has no purpose???????? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 | I believe that litle hole would be for the caster shim, which has a little tit protruding from the thick side. (it is a wedge shaped shim) Looks like they were probably there to make sure the shim wasn't installed backward. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 136 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 136 | | | |
| |
| |