The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, TrknGMC, Ridgeback, 59 fleet, tclederman), 107 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 59
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 59
Guys, I am running into issues trying to find a rear universal joint for my 1966 C50. NAPA says that they can't find it because they have no listing above a C30 and my local FleetPride is basically useless.

Anyone have a part number or info on what I need to order? I'm thinking if I call NAPA or fleet pride and say I need a Spicer 1410, they can find one.

Thanks for any help!

Brian

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Here is some parts info for you to find what you need by measuring your old one and gives you part numbers to ask for at the parts counter of your choice.
http://www2.dana.com/pdf/K350-1-DSSP.pdf
With the right catalogs likely you can do the job that any good parts guy can do for you.
I'd be looking for a better parts place if the ones you usually use can't even find a u-joint for you.

I prefer Spicer U-joints, but don't think NAPA sells them here, so ask who does in your area.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
U joints are hard to buy by application. I always buy them by dimension. You probably have a 1350 series or a 1410 series. Both have 1.187 caps on all 4 corners. The 1350 1s 3.625 from end to end and the 1410 is 4.188 end to end. Both are common and should cost between $25 and $30 in genuine Spicer.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0