The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Steelonsteel, Shade Baby, cmayna, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 105 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65976 09/18/2006 12:32 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 237
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 237
So last week I took off the front hubs / drums then the axle & springs. This weekend I was able to hammer out the old king pins. Much to my delight, it only took bout 1/2 an hour, some liquid wrench, and a 5 lb hammer. The locking pins tapped out easily, and the king pins pounded out with moderate effort. From reading past posts I understand I am VERY LUCKY that they came out so easy.

The old bushings are not coming out so easy. The trick with the socket didn't work for me. Any suggestions?

I'm considering using the Kaiser Spiral kit (K40G) as it seems to be a higher quality replacement (even at 4X the cost!). Anybody use one of these before? It appears as if the kit doe NOT include the thrust bearing. Does anyone know where you can purchase just this bearing? Everyplace I've seen has the bearing as part of a kit.

#65977 09/19/2006 2:10 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 237
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 237
Replying to my own post... hmmmm.

V.W. Kaiser no longer makes the K40G quick kits. Makes this a mute point.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0