| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,211 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Has anyone used Flicken Wiper Service to rebuild vacuum wiper motors? They claim to be the major rebuilder for Trico motors | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 554 | I used them and they seem to be the only option besides trying to repair it yourself without parts. I did not disassemble mine but soaked it in ATF for a few days and still could not manually move the paddle. Got the rebuilt unit back and it worked fine when I tested it. Won't be on the truck for quite a while so I don't know how well it will work in the real world. My expectations aren't that high since I drove these trucks as a kid. They did work great going downhill. Chuck | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 208 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 208 | I bought my '46 nine years ago. Someone had messed up the shaft that the arm fits on. They were trying to get an arm from another model car/truck to fit. I sent it to Flicken and he repaired or replaced the shaft and went through the whole thing. I just started my truck a few weeks ago after letting it sit for four years. The wiper motor works fine. I remember that Flicken was easy to deal with. Jacques
Union, Justice and Confidence
| | |
| |
| |