| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (TPR57C),
107
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,378 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | Hello all, I want to remove my Oil Filter Canister tomorrow to clean, paint, decal, and install new lines. It's on my 46 1.5 ton. Most of the paint is gone and I don't know what model or brand it is. I bought decals for both. I have read the article in the tech tips. Do these have any markings stamped on them to identify the brand? What is the best way to tell? I don't know if it's original to the truck. My engine compartment was a frankenstein. I had stuff from many diffenet years. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | I think a Fram canister has a pinch in the conical bottom surface, while an AC has a smooth conical bottom surface.
While AC and Fram were the most common canisters, there were other brands. Can you post a side-view photo and a photo of the bottom?
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Hopefully we'll be able to identify the model so I can the correct filter. The filter thats in it is a NAPA 1076. I ran a check and it shows a Dodge application! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | I don't know what brand it is but it from a early 1960's Dodge application. Oh well it still works! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 502 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 502 | If it doesn't really match either, paint it whatever you think would look nice and find a cool decal for it. A friend of mine picked up a tractor oil filter decal and put it on the side and painted the filter and lid international harvester red. Looks nice. He also use brass fittings and polished them. Looks like a fire hydrant | | |
| |
| |