The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (KEVINSKI, Nick in Manitou, FishinToms53, mick53), 74 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,353
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65756 09/15/2006 2:30 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 39
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 39
I need a gasket set for a 1942 235. Pan and valve cover and??? What else? Where can I order a set?
Thank you

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 687
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 687
Dale there is a link at the top of the home page for parts on these old bolts. However for what you need, you can get them at most any auto parts store.
Also if you have a 235 in a 42 model truck the engine has probably been replaced. The 41 I am working on has a 235 from a 56 model and I am installing back the origional 216.


I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything! "Bart Simpson"
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 327
O
Oly Offline
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 327
I think they did have a 235 in 41 or 42 for big trucks and/or COEs.


Oly in Oregon

Rest in Peace

1945 GMC COE Victory Truck
1953 Willys CJ3B
1955 Chevy 1st series 3/4-ton
1958 WIFE Last series

Never say "Whoa" in a mud hole
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
J
Jed Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
Dale,

If that's an original 40's 235, it's an old splash engine. You should be able to get the gaskets at NAPA.

They won't likely show the 235 in their 40's parts books.

By the way, I have the same problem with a 48 235 that's in my 52.

However, the gasket parts should interchange with the 216 listing they will show.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 39
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 39
Yes, it's the original clackity splasher... I love it.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0