The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Opelika Tom), 115 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#654830 06/15/2010 2:42 AM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
I have a couple questions about wiring my 12v 54 1/2 ton.

Is it ok to run a heavier (10 gauge) wire from ignition to gas gauge? Does there need to be a ground wire from gas gauge to frame, if so, which terminal?

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
I don't know the circuit for your truck, and I'm not sitting in front of my truck or a schematic, but a heavier gauge won't hurt. 10 is a little big, though, do you have extra or something?

I found the wiring diagram for your truck , and it says one side is grounded the other hot, so its a variable resister device. 10 gauge might alter your final reading, but I'd just try it and add some resistance later if needed. Or you could just spend a buck and use 18ga.


Dave

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0