I checked this thread, too
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...lat&Number=650718&gonew=1#UNREADI rebuilt the carb, with new kit parts. It still leaks around the middle gasket. I lowered the floats two times. And I put the old gasket back in there, too, so two gaskets now. All this on a 1956 235 with a single barrel carb.
The truck starts fine cold and idles nicely at 900-1000 rpm. Won't go much lower cold.
If I drive or rev the engine after a few minutes, and hold it revved for awhile as if driving down to the corner, then let off the gas, it dies and heartily refuses to re-start.
I tried jumper cables after the battery wore down, and that just didn't help either.
We finally rolled it down a hill and bump started it and went back home.
Then this evening, I tried it again , but just in the driveway.
It started right up cold. then idled nicely for a few minutes. then I revved it for a few longer seconds,. Not too fast, just like if I was driving.
then when I let off the gas, it died, and refused to start again.
but his time I was home in the driveway.
I know the carb has issues, still leaks.
Should I replace it with something different? Or take it apart again? Floats still too high?
What else should I look at?
these symptoms are recent. so I suspect the carb first, but can't tell for sure.