The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (bucktruck, dt235sd, Stelonlevo, Hotrod Lincoln, Mike B, 1 invisible), 104 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,648
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#644966 05/10/2010 3:38 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
I bought a 51 one ton dually stake bed about a month ago. It has a '53 216 in it. Rewired it, converted it to 12v, put a windshield in it & replaced the water pump. I just want to make it driveable again. It still is in it's working clothes. Going through the brake system now. Rebuilt the master cylinder. Its the same as a 3/4. Are the rear wheel cylinders repair kits the same also? I need to replace the radiator or at least put some flush in it.
Mark C.
http://rayandmarksengines.embarqspace.com/

Last edited by J Lucas; 08/02/2010 4:53 AM.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
Nice looking truck!
Welcome to Stovebolt!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5
I just bought one just like yours. I am having a bunch of trouble getting the drums off the front. I haven't even tried the back. Is there some secret that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
Here is a link that explains how to get the drums off. There are screws that hold the drums to the hubs. When you get them off, I would be thinking about leaving out the screws, as the wheel holds the drum on anyways. Ps. antisieze is your friend.
Mark

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1948_51truck/51ctsm0527.htm

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
Thank you. The original color is yellow. Some time ago by now, someone has hand painted it with some kind of house/barn paint with a barn brush. You can see the strokes.
lol.
It looks good from a distance though smile
It's good enough for now.
Mark


Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0