Hi Scot welcome from another Scot! Glad you could join us, nice truck BTW. I hope you get the 'Box-o-rocks' fixed. The guys here will help all they can. Good luck Jock
1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland In the Stovebolt Gallery More pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings "Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Welcome Scot, Sounds like you need another transmission. Unless it's a rockcrusher transmission, she shouldn't be making those noises. Trannies aren't too dear, $50 - $100 for a used one.
Welcome , I live up the road a bit, Colorado. I was in Santa Fe about a mounth ago, saw a real good looking red 55 that a guy fixed up. Should be lots of help down there they love them trucks.