I bought a 51 one ton dually stake bed about a month ago. It has a '53 216 in it. Rewired it, converted it to 12v, put a windshield in it & replaced the water pump. I just want to make it driveable again. It still is in it's working clothes. Going through the brake system now. Rebuilt the master cylinder. Its the same as a 3/4. Are the rear wheel cylinders repair kits the same also? I need to replace the radiator or at least put some flush in it. Mark C. http://rayandmarksengines.embarqspace.com/
I just bought one just like yours. I am having a bunch of trouble getting the drums off the front. I haven't even tried the back. Is there some secret that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.
Here is a link that explains how to get the drums off. There are screws that hold the drums to the hubs. When you get them off, I would be thinking about leaving out the screws, as the wheel holds the drum on anyways. Ps. antisieze is your friend. Mark
Thank you. The original color is yellow. Some time ago by now, someone has hand painted it with some kind of house/barn paint with a barn brush. You can see the strokes. lol. It looks good from a distance though It's good enough for now. Mark