The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (cmayna, Gray_Ghost, Donf, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Jon G, Forty9, Shade Baby), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,307
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 76
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 76
I have a front bumper and grill from my '66 C10 that I want to strip and paint. I'm not exactly sure what to look for - sandblasting - soda blasting - or whatever. I have made some calls locally and haven't been able to find anyone who does this kind of work. Even my body shop guy couldn't suggest anyone. I did talk to a automotive paint distributor about using a chemical stripper - which I'm not real crazy about getting involved with. I could use a little help here. Thanks - Tim-o

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
I have all my blasting done at the local monument (tombstone) place.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 76
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 76
Well, that's one I never would have thought of!! Forgive me... killer idea!! cool

Thanks!!

Tim-o

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Yup the monument man does all my blastin also and they are pretty darn good at it ...they do parts regulary to help offset slow times of folks passin. and have a HUGE building set aside just for metal blasting anything from wheels to steel bed dump trucks fit in there NO PROBLEM.


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0