The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Opelika Tom, 2 invisible), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64245 08/11/2006 3:28 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 116
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 116
Well, A while back I had big plans to convert the old '66 C60 to a 350TBI/700R4.
After cutting out the trans crossmember, fabricating a new one for the automatic, re-locating the front engine mts, I have changed my mind. I am re-installing the old SM420 4speed.
I made this decision due to the needed driveshaft work, and the need for a PTO.

Before I put the 4spd back in I want to rebuild it as during cleanup I found a rough running bearing.
I have it all disassembled and had difficulty getting the front counter shaft bearing off. I wonder how tough the new one will be to re-install???
Anyone rebuilt a SM420 with tips to offer???

Regards,
Dan

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
It shouldn,t Be hard to get on. Polish the shaft up with emery cloth. Tap it on with prefferably a brass drift.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0