| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
171
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,143 Posts1,056,494 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Got a question for anyone who's used Steele door gaskets on their Task Force trucks. I'm looking to replace mine (Soff Seal, not happy with them at all) and checked out their site. I notice that there's 2 listings, "Original Style" and "Small Type". Does anyone know what the difference is? I ask because one of the problems I've had with 2 different brands of gasket is that the doors will not shut properly with them installed. The strip seems to "pack up" at the front edge before the back of the door is even close to closing, and it prevents the door from shutting without slamming it. Even then, it doesn't latch 1/2 the time. Both sets of gaskets I've used were supposed to be "orininal type" replacements. Any help would be appreciated.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 12 | Bill, any answers on your door gaskets? Have to check which brand I have before I install them. Gord | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | you should give them a call and ask - I've used Steele for door seals on 2 pu cabs and 2 panels, worked fine, but weren't differentiated that way ... I'd suggest the 'small type', as I know there are seals other than Soff-Seal that are too thick
as a comparison if you talk to them, the seals I've used are the same shape/size as the ones for the panel barn doors, which I've also got from Steele
Bill | | |
| |
| |