The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (bucktruck, dt235sd, Stelonlevo, Hotrod Lincoln, Mike B, 1 invisible), 104 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,648
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#641410 04/28/2010 2:51 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 38
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 38
I bought what appears to be a 1951 Chevrolet dump truck with a 16,000 gvw. Since there was no paperwork with the truck (a problem I hope I can resolve because I really want to use this puppy on the road) I have no idea what model this thing is or year. I was wondering where the Vin for this thing is located. When I sent in for a title for an F-6 I had to show two locations for a vin number to the State Patrolman.

The truck its' self has the typical old truck issues like non functional brakes, leaky carb, and electrical system that doesn't work. Somewhere along the line someone did a 12 volt conversion with what looks to be a 60's era Motorola alternator. I hope to get some tinkering done on it this week since I have a bunch of rock from a foundation I need to haul back to the garbage pit in the back of the land.

Picture of the Passenger side

Picture of the Driver's side

I paid 500 bucks for it and saved it from the scrap yard. Normally I don't buy titleless vehicles but this thing just seemed too good to be scrapped.

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/18/2023 12:34 AM. Reason: added more info to the title
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
its a 6100 and they rule! turn down handle 51 pushbutton 52. take a trip down to napa and get your brake parts nd get that thing a stoppin. make a new gate and your in business.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 116
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 116
Great looking ole dump! You stole it...just love them ole AD's...Jim

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
That's nice!
You're a good man for savin' it.
I do believe I'd have done the same thing.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 78
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 78
welcome to the dump club! good lookin' truck. if you have kids they'll love it. mine do.


"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Elanor Roosevelt

1966 c-10 stepside
1966 c-10 fleetside
1964 c-10 fleetside
1964 c-10 short bed
1964 c-30 flat bed
1964 c-60 dump truck
1968 Impala
1969 Nova
1971 Nova
1975 LUV
1976 C-30
1977 K-20
1966 SS El Camino
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
The numbers for a 51 would be on the drivers side door post. they didn't start stampimg the frame until about 55 I think.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0