The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 82 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
I recently inherited a 1961 chevy Apache stepside. All I know so far is that it has an inline six and a transmission with 4 speeds- Granny, 1, 2, and 3. Any ideas about the engine displacement? the truck is in Nebraska and I am in california, so I don't have access to the vin yet. Thanks, Lurch


-John
'61 Apache 10
'93 Suburban
'04 Envoy (Straight Six!!!)
If it ain't loud, I ain't interested
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
I would like to add that the shifter is floor mounted... Thanks again, lurch


-John
'61 Apache 10
'93 Suburban
'04 Envoy (Straight Six!!!)
If it ain't loud, I ain't interested
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
If it is all original, you have a 235 with an sm420. That 4 spd was optional equipment and may have come with a limited slip rear-end. My truck is a Wyoming truck and the PO had ordered the 4spd and posi rear for work and traction. Check behind the drivers seat. Does it have the warning sticker? Anyway, congrats - where are the pics?


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
I've got to get grandma to take some... the truck is gonna need a lot of work though. As soon as I get pics, I'll post them. thanks for the info


-John
'61 Apache 10
'93 Suburban
'04 Envoy (Straight Six!!!)
If it ain't loud, I ain't interested

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0