The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, Still At It), 159 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#635707 04/07/2010 6:53 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
I have a 56 1 ton panel and I'm looking at a 1 ton straight axle from a 52. Will they swap?

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
The frames are different, so the mounting pads on the axles will be different. The '52 frame is tapered in the front, the '56 frame is straight. The '52 also has the old style Huck brakes which would be a step backward.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Thanks a bunch. Bummed now

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
A 3/4 ton front axle should work for you also, to broaden your search a little. I know they use the same brakes as the one ton (12"), the only difference might be the tie rod and ends, but I am not positive. I'd look for a '55-'59 3/4 or 1 ton front axle.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Ghostrider #635809 04/08/2010 12:34 AM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Thats wht I'd like to find. I want the 8 lugs on the front to match the back.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Any Ideas where I could find such a jem?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
An old time wrecking yard. You might also place a parts wanted ad in the swap meet section of this site.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Cletis #636287 04/09/2010 5:30 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Everything up here has been scrapped when the scrap prices were high. darn shame too! I will post it thanks.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 41
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 41
google dennis truck parts. they are in florida. he has a salvage yard for 40,s to early 70,s truck parts. he has everything


55 stepside 3600
67 chevelle ss conv
joe
springfield,PA
joebob #636738 04/11/2010 6:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Thanks a bunch!!! I'll try it.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Tried it and he's got it. 150 bucks. Not bad. Thanks for the help. I spent 4 hours online looking and found nothing. Then I got your post.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 41
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 41
I want to take a trip to his place, looks awesome . like heaven for bolters. I was surprised no one here found it yet.


55 stepside 3600
67 chevelle ss conv
joe
springfield,PA
joebob #636957 04/12/2010 3:34 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Yeah, a trip with a big flatbed and lots of cash. He has all kinds of things and for resonable prices. Now that would be a great road trip.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0