| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (John Dlugos, 1 invisible),
150
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | I have a 56 1 ton panel and I'm looking at a 1 ton straight axle from a 52. Will they swap? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 | The frames are different, so the mounting pads on the axles will be different. The '52 frame is tapered in the front, the '56 frame is straight. The '52 also has the old style Huck brakes which would be a step backward. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | Thanks a bunch. Bummed now | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 | A 3/4 ton front axle should work for you also, to broaden your search a little. I know they use the same brakes as the one ton (12"), the only difference might be the tie rod and ends, but I am not positive. I'd look for a '55-'59 3/4 or 1 ton front axle. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | Thats wht I'd like to find. I want the 8 lugs on the front to match the back. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | Any Ideas where I could find such a jem? | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | An old time wrecking yard. You might also place a parts wanted ad in the swap meet section of this site. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | Everything up here has been scrapped when the scrap prices were high. darn shame too! I will post it thanks. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 41 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 41 | google dennis truck parts. they are in florida. he has a salvage yard for 40,s to early 70,s truck parts. he has everything
55 stepside 3600 67 chevelle ss conv joe springfield,PA
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | Thanks a bunch!!! I'll try it. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | Tried it and he's got it. 150 bucks. Not bad. Thanks for the help. I spent 4 hours online looking and found nothing. Then I got your post. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 41 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 41 | I want to take a trip to his place, looks awesome . like heaven for bolters. I was surprised no one here found it yet.
55 stepside 3600 67 chevelle ss conv joe springfield,PA
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | Yeah, a trip with a big flatbed and lots of cash. He has all kinds of things and for resonable prices. Now that would be a great road trip. | | |
| |
| |