The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (RoadsScholar, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 197 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
T
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
I've been on the look out for a jump seat for my 51 Panel without any success. I have seen pics of the Suburban version, but none of the Panel version.

Is there any difference? I know the suburban seat riser is different so would the Panel version have shorter legs? Or, would it just sit higher.

I have a line on one for a burb, but hate to plop my money down if it's not going to fit.


Any Insight someone could share wouild be appreciated.


1951 Chevy 1-Ton Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Pictures of the restoration on Photobucket
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
RIP good friend.
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
the optional panel passenger seat was the same as a drivers seat ["bucket"], the burb passenger seat folded forward but should be adaptable

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
T
Tony'N Weatherford
Unregistered
Tony'N Weatherford
Unregistered
T
the back of my stock passenger bucketseat out of my '54 1 ton folds foward and and then you pick up the base which then folds foward and leans against the glovebox.

tony

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Here's an old POST that has most of the information that you will need. Oldsub posted some great pictures of the seats. You will have to scroll down to see them. It looks like he has two drivers seats.


OLD SUBS PICTURES OF THE FRONT SEATS

I sent you a PM.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
I think I just looked at one today on ebay. I will look again and see if I can find it.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I have what I believe is a correct pair of seats for my panel . I will see if I can shoot a few photos and post them.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
T
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
Thanks guys. I did find a set on ebay that had pictures of of the bottom with the hinges in place. I knew that the seat was supposed to fold and flip up towards the dash. I had seen the burb version years ago and thought that the panel would be more like that. So I was kinda surprised to see it's actually better looking.

I had thought about just using a drivers side, but didn't want to inhibit egress to the back.

I'm putting a post in the parts wanted should anyone have a passengers seat to part with.


1951 Chevy 1-Ton Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Pictures of the restoration on Photobucket
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
RIP good friend.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/1953panel/DSC01155.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/1953panel/DSC01156.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/1953panel/DSC01158.jpg

Hopefully this is what you are looking for, his and hers seat for a panel. (I had to prop up the seat for the photo or it would have folded up)

Last edited by 1953 panel; 04/09/2010 1:10 AM.
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
T
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
Thanks for the pics. I think I have a clear idea now of what the passenger seat should look like. It's hard when you have nothing but memory and words. As the old saying goes, a picture is worh a thousand words.


1951 Chevy 1-Ton Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Pictures of the restoration on Photobucket
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
RIP good friend.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0