The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (rock331, sron48), 85 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
C
CCH
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Hey guys,
I am working on a customers 52 5 window and his latches have worn rotors on them. He doesn't really want to buy new assemblies, so I am trying to figure out a fix. I know on a lot of these type of latches they make a piece that clips on over the original rotor essentially giving you a new surface. Do these exist for our trucks, and if so, where exactly can I purchase a set of them?

If not, then how about welding buildup on the old rotor and grinding it back down to shape?

Any help is appreciated!

Cole

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I know several people that have used the clips and they said it worked like new. I think all the truck vendors like Jim Carter carry them.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
R
RAK Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
classicparts.com check there as well "Door latch repair clip"

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
C
CCH
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks guys, that's what I needed... ordered today!


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0