| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 6 | Hello, I am in need of the part# for some Accuride wheels.I have purchased my Dads old 1966 C50 and it has the RH type(3 Pc.) rims.These are the ones that Heavy Hauler put on his 64 dump.Any help would be great!Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy RED66C50, welcome, if you go to Tech Tips then click on large trucks, you'll find an excellent article on the different wheel options for your truck, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 6 | Thanks 3B.I hoped to get the same wheels as Heavy Hauler,since I know those worked for him. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | Red, are you sure they are the RH-5 type. If they are 3 piece, there is nothing wrong with them. Why not post a picture of them unless you just want to spend money to make the rig look sharper. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 115 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 115 | I agree there's no way you have "widow maker" Firestone RH-5° rims if you are seeing a three piece construction. Any of the three piece designs are safe to use if not damaged/badly rusted and are handled right. Your truck is at an age where the rims could be the older Kelsey Hayes "AR" design, or could be later Firestone/Accuride "CR-3" or "FL-3" designs depending on rim width, or could be the type simply called 5°. The important thing if you decide to keep your current rims is to be sure and keep the ring/rim sets matched. Mix matching is dangerous business. Here's an OSHA site that covers that. Stu http://www.tireindustry.org/pdf/osha_Rim%20Matching.pdf | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | If you still want 22.5" rims please take a look at the tech tip as already suggested. Then download the Accuride wheel catalog linked in the tip. And see what you think of part number 28157
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 7 | When I bought wheels for my 67 C50 the part number was 28160. You will need to check the center hole of the wheel for the correct size. The 22.5 tires are easier to get and you have more options. If you have lock ring wheels and want to get rid of them let me know.
Good luck Rick
Rick Woods
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Red66 I got your message and the info for the wheels is as follows Accuride 10-Hole, 8¾" Bolt Circle, 6.25" Bore (1½ - 2 Ton Chevy and GMC) Wheel Size 22.5 x 6.75 Part Number 28160 Hand Holes 5 Wheel Offset 5.93" Disc .375" Recommended Valve TR500 Approx. Wt. 71 lbs Maximum Load & Infl. 4675 lbs – 110 psi
Rwoods I have a set of 20" Three piece wheels here with pretty decent tires wrapped around them, the ones that I replaced with the 22.5 in fact. If you are interested PM me and I will let you know more.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 6 | Thanks guys! I was going on the fact that the wheels are 3 Pc. (two halves and the flat band that holds the halves together).Plus the fact my Dad passed away 10 years ago and we all know how memories of what something was/is tend to get kinda mixed up.Thanks for the info and I'll post some pics before (10 yrs. ago & now ) when I get Dads old truck home. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | If you describe it as 2 halves, it sounds like the RH 5 type. The flat band you describe is part of one of the halves. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 6 | truckdog.....I believe those are the rims.The same time my Dad owned a 1947 and a 1951 Chevy dump,I think I got the 10 year old memories mixed up.Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 115 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 115 | If you have rims like I pictured, absolutely you should replace them. They are called "widow makers" for good reasons. Stu | | |
| |
| |