The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (3800GUY, Patina 54, moparguy, Woodcmiami, Otto Skorzeny, John L., D B Cooper), 152 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,098
Posts1,056,167
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#625809 03/04/2010 10:26 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 40
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 40
Hi. I'm not sure how to hook up the heater switch , does it need an inline fuse ?Where dose the copper line coming off the heater valve go ? Thanks for the help, Bruce

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Bruce,

Some of your questions might be answered in this installation guide. There are a few differences between a 53 Air Flow heater installation and earlier heaters.

I have an in-line fuse (in a 54 that is similar to yours) between the fan control switch and the heater (I do not know what size fuse). The location for the copper line is shown in the manual.

I think that Denny Graham has some good photos and instructions - he'll post them, when he reads your question.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Now there ya go puttin’ me on the spot Tim. I just grabbed my blankie and was about ready to lay down and take me nap since I was up at 03:00 this morning!

Oh well, what the hey. Bruce, the copper tube is a thermostat or temperature sensor the controls the diaphragm on the Ranco Valve.
The instructions that Tim posted show you the complete installation instructions.
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/121512986
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/113817675
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/121531024
The switch picks up the power from the back of the ignition switch. If you still have the original 6v system in place it’s fused with a SFE 14 amp glass fuse.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL



Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 40
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 40
Hi Tim and Denny!!! I would like to thank you both for all of the very helpful information you sent my way . You both went above and beyond the call of duty in helping me.Although I have other toys to play with , this little '53 is like a spoiled brat, and likes to give me a hard time,but I qualify working on it like raising kids I'M LEARNING ALOT AND HAVING FUN. WHEN THIS TRUCK IS DONE I CAN GO OUT AND REBUILD ANYTHING!!!!!!!! Thanks again Guys, Bruce


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0