| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (TooMany2count, Woogeroo, cmayna, Jay R, Rusty Heaps, TexasJim50, TUTS 59, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, Forty9, 1 invisible),
94
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,411 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 30 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 30 | My buddy has a '35 tow truck and would like to upgrade the front to later model 8 lug spindles and drum brakes. Will the spindles from a '50s truck work on his stock axle? He is putting a rear axle from a '70s 1 ton in it and would like to have 8 lugs all the way around. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 113 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 113 | I'm curious about this as well. My friend is doing a 35 1-1/2 ton and he wants to do the same. I can supply the measurements of the 35 Pins and End of the I-beam. if that would help.
I wonder though if he wouldn't be better off with the P-30 conversion (see tech tips) that would keep the axle rating a lot higher. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 30 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 30 | I'm curious about this as well. My friend is doing a 35 1-1/2 ton and he wants to do the same. I can supply the measurements of the 35 Pins and End of the I-beam. if that would help.
I wonder though if he wouldn't be better off with the P-30 conversion (see tech tips) that would keep the axle rating a lot higher. He's trying to keep this as simple as possible and was hoping that a later spindle would work on his axle. We can get the dimensions from his axle, but can't find a '50s 3/4 or 1 ton spindle to measure. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 113 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 113 | In that case maybe you could post those measurements. Heck it might even help to post the spindle measurements as well. Then the guys with the later parts would have something to go by. There a bunch of guys here with AD trucks, but I doubt the earlier sizes are common knowledge. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 30 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 30 | The end of the axle that the spindle goes onto is 2 11/16" thick and the king pin is 15/16" diameter. | | |
| |
| |