| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
128
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 29 | Hey Everyone!
Does anybody have any good pics of the bracket that the trumpet horn mounts to the manifold with?
Justin | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 29 | Tim,
Thanks for the pic! I have that on mine but how does it clamp on to the manifold? I have see 1 picture that it looks like it bolts to a casted section. But, my manifold does not have the tab. Is there a different manifold for the horn? Or does it need another parts that it bolts to so you can use the u bolts. Justin
Last edited by Canopy Man; 02/28/2010 3:35 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Justin,
What year manifold do you have (what year and size engine do you have)? From 1954 onwards the horn was not attached to the intake manifold, so there there was no drilled mounting "boss" on the intake manifold.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 29 | Tim, I have a 1950 216 I was looking on line last night and finally found a good picture of one mounted but it has the mounting boss.
Also Tim I really like your burb Very Nice!!
Thanks! Justin
Last edited by Canopy Man; 02/28/2010 5:02 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Justin,
I wonder if the 216 car manifold was different from the truck manifold? Dual horns were standard on 1950 cars and they most likely were not mounted on the intake manifold.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 29 | I don't know. I will go to my local honey hole of a junk yard and look at several trucks and see if I can find one that has the boss on it. Will it matter what engine i get it from a 235 of a 216? How about valve covers do they crossover also. I really like the older 235 covers that have chevrolet on them.
Justin | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Any 216 valve cover and side cover (and manifold with horn boss) will work. 1953 and earlier 235 valve covers will work. 1949 and earlier 235 side covers (and manifold with horn boss) will work.
| | |
| |
| |