The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (J Lucas, Hotrod Lincoln), 112 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,338
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#624074 02/27/2010 7:56 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
I was looking at getting a fiberglass headliner for my '41 art-deco truck and painting it. I was wondering what kind of prep work should i do before painting it. Also, i was planning on painting with a dupont acrylic enamel. Is this a good idea? Do I need a self etching primer as if I was painting bare metal, or is there something better for glass?

Thanks for the help, I am learning as i go, don't know much now!


Trey

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
I don't know if a liner for a 41 is smooth or textured or what type of glass it is.
I'll assume it's smooth. Clean it well and scuff it down to remove any glaze. Spray it with a fiberglass sealer, prime it, and wet sand it with 600 or 400.
If it's textured then just scuff it with a scotch brite pad. It's ready for paint.
Acrylic enamel is fine.

Dan


Remember your freedom - US Veterans provided it.
101st Screaming Eagles

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0