| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 43 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 43 | Hi, looking at buying a 700R4 to put behind my 283 that I'm getting ready to put in my 1962 SB. Has anybody done this installation and can tell me what's in store for me? The main thing that I'm concerned about is the transmission mounting position... will it line up or am I going to have to move it forward or back, or get a after market mount. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | What transmission are you replacing?
I suspect the answer is that you need an aftermarket transmission mount, or perhaps will have to make one. '60, '61 and '62 are different that what was before or after, and I'm not sure of the details on one of those.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,098 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,098 | Early 283's did not have provisions to mount the starter to the block so you will want to check that out. There is an aftermarket spacer plate available from various suppliers that can be used with late model transmissions. Fred
1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes 1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes 2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans 1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
| | |
| |
| |