The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gray_Ghost, KEVINSKI, HandyAndy), 131 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,514
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 94
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 94
I have some skill with woodworking and I'd like to make my own bed wood. I know they take some careful routing and production. I just can't bring myself to pay someone to make them, then pay the shipping on something I can do myself. Can anyone help?
thanks
Kevin
1962 short bed stepside apache.
(that needs new bed wood)

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
You don't necessarily need a router. All the cuts can be made on a table saw if you or a friend has one to use. Mar-K web site has dimensions and tech info as well as the Tech Links pages on this site. The important thing is to determine if you want a show or utility bed and picking the right thickness and quality of wood. If you have decided on a show bed you may actually find that Mar-K is priced about the same as buying your wood locally and of course ,most of the work is already done.


Drew
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 45
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 45
I did mine just as Drew describes. A neighbor who is a carpenter lent a hand. We tested on a few scrap pieces and less than 30 minutes later I was back home prepping for paint. The holes for the mounts were also very simple to do.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
I plan on doing this also. I want to use "rough sawn" oak, and seal the crap out of it. If I have to do it again in 30-40 years, well, so be it!

cm


If you can't fix it with a hammer and screwdriver, you need a bigger hammer.
1965 Chevy C10

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0