| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (TexasJim50, klhansen, Gdads51, J Lucas, Stovebolt48, Hotrod Lincoln, tclederman, GusG, Peggy M),
115
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,422 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | As I have been sanding the interior of the cab of my 1957 pickup, I have been using Duplicolor sandable and filler primer as I go, to guard against flash rust. I will be using Omni/PPG MP180 2K sealer before painting. The sealer can be applied over a lacquer primer, but I am not sure if the Duplicolor primers are lacquer or enamel. I know both contain ketones and the sandable primer also contains toluene. Does anyone know if they are OK to apply the sealer over, or do I need to sand the Duplicolor primers off first. Thanks.
Last edited by Donsz; 12/31/2009 2:30 AM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I've shot laquers over Dupli-Color primer before, no bad reactions.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | Thanks for the response Bill, much appreciated. Don | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 3 | what's the best primer for bare metal? | | |
| |
| |