The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (55shaker, Barry Martak, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 126 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,416
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
As I have been sanding the interior of the cab of my 1957 pickup, I have been using Duplicolor sandable and filler primer as I go, to guard against flash rust. I will be using Omni/PPG MP180 2K sealer before painting. The sealer can be applied over a lacquer primer, but I am not sure if the Duplicolor primers are lacquer or enamel. I know both contain ketones and the sandable primer also contains toluene. Does anyone know if they are OK to apply the sealer over, or do I need to sand the Duplicolor primers off first. Thanks.

Last edited by Donsz; 12/31/2009 2:30 AM.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
I've shot laquers over Dupli-Color primer before, no bad reactions.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
Thanks for the response Bill, much appreciated.
Don

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
what's the best primer for bare metal?


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0