The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, BC59, 46truck), 109 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,331
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#606606 01/03/2010 1:52 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 26
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 26
I am running a 1956 ( I think) 235 in my 1953 3100. I have a couple of oil bath air cleaners that don't fit on the carb. ID of air cleaner is about 2", OD of carb on engine is about 2 3/8" with a ridge or ring around the top. Is there a carb that I can put on the 235 that will accept the oil bath ? Is there an adaptor that I can put on the present carb to accept the oil bath? The little chrome paper filter I'm using now looks lousy. Thanks

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
Well, what kind of carb do you have to start with? I've got a Carter(YF model???, been a long time since I looked at the carb) on mine with an oil bath air cleaner, but I though Rochesters worked with them too. Someone should come along shortly with more info.


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Posting links to a few pics would help the sleuths around here to help you Paul.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0