The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, Dusty53, Buckeye998, Chip O, WICruiser), 153 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60574 05/17/2006 8:48 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 168
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 168
Anyone done this to an AD? I want to know if I need to buy van wheels for the front?

Thanks,

jay


Your lack of preparation is not my emergency
#60575 05/17/2006 10:18 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 227
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 227
the kit comes with 5 on 4-3/4" lug pattern wheels. so its probably a camaro rotor so whatever wheels would fit a camaro would work for this kit. good luck

#60576 05/17/2006 10:20 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 227
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 227

#60577 05/17/2006 10:21 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
I've got the kit- It is 70-77 Camaro rotors and calipers= works nicely!

Don't forget to upgrade the wheel bearings at the same time. I don't think they're included in the kit.


'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
#60578 05/17/2006 10:35 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 168
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 168
I didn't buy the full kit, just the rotor brackets, basically. I think I got all the bearings in there too, but will check. I know it's the camaro/malibu bolt pattern, but will anything get in the way of the wheel? Is there any way to test after the conversion without putting on a van wheel? Thanks for all the help.


Your lack of preparation is not my emergency
#60579 05/17/2006 10:41 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
All Chevrolet car after '49 have the 5 on 4 3/4"
bolt pattern exept for police/taxi Caprices and
SS Impalas from the mid '80's and up. S-10 2wd's also have the same bolt pattern. Just letting you know, you can most likely get the wheels for less if you look for caprice wheels instead of camaro wheels.


Bill Burmeister

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0