The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Southerntruck, Ponchogl, cmayna, 1955 1 Series), 186 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,287
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#605061 12/28/2009 11:22 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
I thought this was going to easy,but its not.I went to the auto parts to day with the shocks front/and rear in my hands to get replacements.The fronts are monroe/matic #1018/PCF22D1A and the rears are monroe/matic #32126/POD2902B.From what they are telling me the fronts are discontinued and they will work on getting the rears!They also told me that they don't think its a 3/4 ton because I've got an 8 lug not 6 lug axle front/and rear.Its not a 1 ton to the best of my,and other stovebolters knowledge.Help!!! All opinions ,suggestions and unkind remarks are welcome.Thanks

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
A '51 GMC 3/4-ton is going to have 8-lugs front and rear. So will a '53 1-ton, but that's a different matter.

Does your truck have a model number on the hood? Or what is the serial number? A 3/4-ton is a 150 and a 1-ton is a 250.

In the immortal words of Thumper's father, "If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all". In that spirit I've refrained from any comment about the help at your parts house.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
Well,OldSub if you had my parts guys! OK, I'll be quiet now! I sure wish I could get some cross over numbers.Or a auto parts store with a few older books.I went on to the monroe web site and Its a nice dog and pony show, but it didn't have alot of useful information for me.I probably didn't know how to use it.The serial number is 152 22 P 2360 which is a 3/4 ton long bed five windo pickup.But 8 lug not 6 lug.Thanks

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Yeah that is a 3/4-ton serial number for sure. The shocks should be the same as on a Chevy so you might try looking for shocks for a Chevy to see if that's any better.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0