The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bill Hanlon, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, UtahYork, dt235sd, Ponchogl), 115 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,130
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 83
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 83
going to the local Chevrolet garage, I need a local mechanic that doesn't have as high an hourly labor fee.

Lee's Summit, Missouri area?

Kansas City area?

Last edited by Woogeroo; 12/27/2009 7:21 PM. Reason: added area to the topic
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
I think thats like trying to find good food at fast food joint.
Having worked in the industry for many years it's hard to make money when your up against the hourly time for a job, which I think makes mechanics rush thru it.
It wasn't until I had my own business and was the one calling the shots was I able to do the job as it was supposed to be done.
This was greatly appreciated by my customers but I'll admit sometimes I didn't charge for all my time.
I think there are a lot of good wrenches out there but we live today where time is the important factor not quality.
Good luck with your search.
Dan


Remember your freedom - US Veterans provided it.
101st Screaming Eagles
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 239
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 239
Hi Tony,

I'm not sure what you consider high, but here are a couple of places I have used in the past with good results.

1.) Henry's in Raytown
2.) An individual who works from his home - John Rouska (in Raytown)

I have heard good things about Raytown Transmission, but have not used them.

Good Luck.


When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
-Unknown-
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 83
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 83
Thanks GMC 53 I will give them a call.
I areciate the help.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0