The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (1955 1 Series, Steelonsteel, 55shaker, GRNHydra, 51sub, Wally / Montana, Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln), 81 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60273 05/09/2006 4:31 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Later this week I am going to be pulling the motor out of my 67. What is the best/safest way to attach the hoist chain to the motor? What bolt/bolt holes should I use?
Thanks

#60274 05/09/2006 1:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I wrap a chain around the rear of the intake manifold & bolt it to the hole for the coil on the other side. It balances out real good.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
#60275 05/09/2006 2:50 PM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
Wrenchbenders' got it. I usually pull mine without the manifolds, so I use the rear manifold stud and the spot where the ground cable was bolted. You may have to vary what spot you use in order to get the right angle. Just remember to use a good grade 3 bolt and a washer so the chain doesn't slip off. Take your time. When you start to lift, if it doesn't look right set it down and adjust.
Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
#60276 05/10/2006 1:02 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 218
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 218
If you want to remove it with the tranny attached, be sure to remove the front radiator support. It really frees up a LOT of room. I took mine out without the tranny and had no problem, but tried to put it back in with the support still mounted and it was a bear, but I got it in!


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0