| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,513 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 349 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 349 | I cannot seem to find anything out here on how to go about repairing hinges and faceplates for 58 to 59 Apache. I can find stuff on rebuilding or replacing hinge pins, but not on repairing the area where the hinge attaches to the cab. Any help appreciated. Niobrarafun | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Are you refering to the hinge or the hinge door pocket that needs repair?
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | I'm sure someone else's memory is better than mine and can help, but I think there was a section on that in a soft cover book that is titled something like "Tri-five Chevy Truck.......? It has to do with repair and upgrading Task Force trucks. If someone else doesn't know, I can check tonight at home. I don't remember if Tom Brownell's(sp?) book has a section on that, again I can check that for you & let you know. Also, I believe if you do a search in this forum, you might find a link to someone has has done that and published photos. I am fairly certain some members of this site have done that. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 66 | I had to repair the area on the cab that the hinge mounts to on my '66 as the face of it was rusted and the backing plate had fallen out. I just did some cutting, welding, and drilling to fabricate my own replacement piece and put it in place. Do you have access to a welder etc? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 406 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 406 | Are you looking for the door hinge repair panel as shown in our catalog? http://www.mar-k.com/various_restoration_items.pdf This patch panel is made to replace the lower door hinge panel. It does not include the pocket area behind the face panel. Installation requires cutting and welding, but as patch panels go, it is not too dificult and it fits correctly. Instructions are not on-line but are included with the parts. Mar-Ktech | | |
| |
| |