| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, MickeyP, Bill Hanlon, 3B, Gdads51, Ridgeback, Gray_Ghost, 32Fordpuchoptop),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,304 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 62 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 62 | I have a '56 3600 with rear duals. It had 8.00x17,5 bias tires. will the wider profile of 8Rx17.5 rub with the stock wheel offset? Anybody have experence here? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I would question whether your bias ply type wheels will mount radials. Have you asked your tire shop?
I have no experience with the 3/4-ton dually trucks aside from seeing one or two and being surprised they were built.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | If you already have 17.5" wheels likely it'll work. Check with your tire shop before buying the tires.
I too am surprised about 3/4 ton dual wheel trucks, is your setup original?
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I too am surprised about 3/4 ton dual wheel trucks, is your setup original? I can't speak to this specific truck, but duals were an option on a Task Force 3/4-ton. I researched it up after seeing one at a swap meet a while back.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 62 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 62 | I assume that it is origional,dual rears, 9leaf rear springs and seperate overloads | | |
| |
| |