| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,510 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#59510 04/22/2006 11:55 AM | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 103 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 103 | I have a 1953 power glide I would like to swap the 235 motor- powerglide and rear housing into the 1940 suburban. where they are both tourque tube will I need to relocate weld spring pearch? Use 40 springs or 53 springs? Is this swap possible? Has it been done? So far I have removed all 53 parts but don't want to dear into 40 untill I know what to do? thanks Bill | | |
#59511 04/24/2006 2:50 AM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 | Bill, the most important tool you need for this(or any) swap is your tapemeasure. A couple here are the overall width from wheel mount flange to wheel mount flange, the torque tube length, and center to center distance on the spring perch holes. If you leave the present springs in the 40 a different spring length isn't a problem. Every problem is fairly straight up, like standard bellhousing crossmember will probably have to go, and shift linkage fabricated but, if the torque tube is way different in length, then some involved work might be needed. Others will chime in and point out other potential head scratchers. Good luck
Evan
| | |
| |
| |