| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (klhansen),
158
guests, and
5
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 72 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 72 | Coming back to the well of knowledge! I ordered a new camshaft for Egge about two weeks ago and I tried installing it today. No go!? When I ordered it, I told them it was for a 1st series 235 with solid lifters. From a previous post in which I included the engine number that is behind the distributor, tclederman mentioned that it was a 2nd series engine. Can someone tell me if the camshafts are different? I got ahead of myself..When I went on to install the camshaft, I couldn't get the front of the camshaft, where the gear is located, through the front bearing.Seems too big. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 72 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 72 | tclederman, You were right when you said that the engine was from the second series in reference to the engine number I put up. I went on the Egge website and it showed how to tell the difference between a 1st and 2nd series engine. I will have to wait til Monday to give them a call to verify that I ordered the wrong cam.The obvious is that I did since it doesn't fit. I was all set on closing her up and getting her started. Thanks!
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Kato,
Good luck with your cam. Where did you find information on the EGGE website?
Thanks, Tim
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 72 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 72 | tclederman,
On the Egge site, on left hand side is an Egge Tech button, from there go to Tech Aticles and scroll down to the 8 part Stovebolt Build section. Good info. Anxious to get this Cam situation on the right track! | | |
| |
| |