| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,240 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 36 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 36 | Hello everyone, I just replaced my front fenders on my 1953 3100 and the new headlight buckets have new wire harness I have 3 wires coming out of the bucket. can someone give me a wire diagrahm of the block that the wires go to there are three wires yellow, black and white. Does the black wire ground to the inner fender? The other wires were so old and covered with cloth I can't tell where they went. Can someone help? I have the terminal blocks with three screw positions | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | The black wire is ground. The other colors you mention don't match the factory wiring diagram but with a test light and the instructions that came with your headlights maybe you can figure it out. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 | Power from the light switch goes to common on the dimmer. The wires(2) then go to the headlights. It wont matter which goes where as the dimmer switch is two position. Just make sure they are wired the same at each lamp(yellow from each to one wire, white from each to the other). If you got lights in one position of the dimmer but not the other, you got the common terminal wrong.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."
1957 GMC 150
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Looking at the back of the bulb, the left vertical post is ground. The right vertical post is high beam. The horizontal post is low beam. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 36 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 36 | Got it thanks, black wire was ground. I tersted the wires on the main terminal and connected the yellow to yellow an d white to white the third wire was for the park lights. Truck all back together again and running. Thanks all I was all twisted, never try yo fix electric when your tired. | | |
| |
| |