The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible), 165 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#593434 11/18/2009 5:35 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 60
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 60
I was checking with a local parts house about a rebuilt steering gear and their books only went back to 67, but it did show a manual steering box, and they're only asking $300. Will it fit? LMC,and classic are both asking 450 bucks for this box.

Last edited by coal; 11/18/2009 3:51 PM.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 335
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 335
is a 2wd the same? have some from 60-62

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 60
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 60
No I wish it were Thanks though

Cole

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 171
I've go a 69 K20 with power steering, can you use it?,BILL

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
K
Kev Offline
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
When my 66 K-20 steering box needed rebuilding a number of years ago, nothing was available. I got lucky and my worm gear and sector shaft were still in very good shape. Had to custom machine the 2 bushings for the box and I'm good to go for another 23 years or more ...

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
For a rebuild kit for your 4-5-6 Chevy K20 manual gear box try: www.truckandcarshop.com

I believe I have one, so send me a PM, if I can help. Have you considered converting your K20 to power steering? If so, let me know, I have done several of them on my trucks and a number of customer's trucks.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0