The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jays58, Youngin' Tut 59, 39Master85), 91 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,468
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
I`ve just started to dissassemble my 49 GMC cab over and am going to need door hinges. Can I use regular PU hinges?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

It looks like the answer would be "no" for a Chevrolet. I'd bet the answer would be the same for a GMC COE.

Tim

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
I've got a NOS left upper '47-'55 COE door hinge, I don't need.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
Well I guess that changes the picture a bit. Was hoping to find a fresh one as a starting point to figure out whats bent and what isnt. I found the tech tip door hinge rebuild site last nite so I`ll try to rebuild mine old ones. The doors on mine were so over opened that they stove in the cabs vent and louvre panels forward of the doors left and right. Other than cab corners and some not to bad dents I`m happy to say my cab is quite solid.
Thanks for your insight.
John Drabik


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0