| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (78buckshot),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,425 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 33 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 33 | I just restored my '33 1.5 ton dumptruck and installed a new throwout bearing. Less than 200 miles later, one of the ears sheared off. There is no sign of a crack or fatigue where it failed which leads me to think I have a linkage problem. Does anyone know what to look for or is there some source of tolerances or instructions for setting up the linkage? It worked perfectly until it failed. The face of the carbon doesn't even look used! There are only a few of these bearings still available so I want the next one to last. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | When you say "ear" are you talking about the pivot shafts that are located at 6 and 12 o'clock on the throwout bearing itself? One of those broke? I've never heard of that happening... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 33 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 33 | Yes that is the "ear" I am talking about. I have never heard of it either! I hate to go on a witch hunt for a problem that may not exist. However, maybe I do have a linkage problem that could break the next one. It is a chore to replace as well. We have to move the differential aft to get the bearing out. Mark | | |
| |
| |