The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (BC59, klhansen, mick53, 1955 1 Series), 102 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
I have a 1966 C-20 with a 250 and granny four-speed with 4.56/1 rear axle. Truck was GREAT when I pulled trailers not much of that going on now so truck is not getting used. I have found a 1980's ford 4x4 frame with complete driveline still attached pretty cheap and I already have a 1964 C-60 Front cap that would virtually eliminate my biggest rust issues. Am planning on swapping the frame, driveline, and front cap also am going to put in a bench seat out of a dodge for comfort and swap out the gauge cluster for a walnut/Stewart warner inlay. Am just looking for any information on how to make this swap as smooth(yeah right) as possible. One other thing as soon as I can It will be getting an inline back in it(300 six hopefully) but I want to make that blue oval small block bite the dust first(what fun)

Thanks for any help
"Junkyard" Brown



Parts may come and parts may go but a good truck always stays the same
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
What engine does the Furd have now? I'm in the market for 351's, either Windsor or Cleveland models. My farm is straight south of Nashville about 60 miles, and I'm willing to travel to pick up an engine. (Mid-Iowa a couple of weeks ago!)
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
The motor on the frame now is what the previous owner says is a 302. I will check it next time and make sure. What year models are you looking for, what shape do you want them in and how much are you wanting to spend The nickname "junkyard" was given to me by coworkers due to my obsession with junk, so just let me know what you need. One other qustion for the 'bolt, how hard is it going to be to fit a '68 steering column in the '66 cab?

Thanks again
"Junkyard"


Parts may come and parts may go but a good truck always stays the same
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
I build 302 and 351W engines for round track racing, and the Cleveland engines fit a Pantera I work with occasionally. Anything other than a trashed-out junker would be worth considering.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
I will look and see what I can find for you. can anyone tell me what cabs and front caps would fit back on my '66 3/4t frame(direct fit or as close as possible) as I will be keeping it and the driveline intact to maybe build another truck one day.

Thanks
"Junkyard"


Parts may come and parts may go but a good truck always stays the same

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0