The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,289
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#585081 10/20/2009 11:36 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
is there an easy swap to replace the 235 to a 292 I have a 65 or 66 bellhousing for the hook up but the mounts on the bellnousing don't look the same for the cross member. Will it fit the length of the motor looks long. Is there a resource or page I can go to.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy N8dawg, first do you think you could tell us what year truck you're asking about??? Then maybe we could give you some intelligent responses.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
Sorry guys this is going in a 1947 A.D. 3/4 ton that I am converting into a 1/2ton fun type truck already replaced the rear end I want to run a 4 speed I have 2 one out of the late 60's or the short tork tube type thats in it know. I have a 292 I'd love to put in I have herd this is the Big bad 6 cylinder I want any help would be great.

thanks shop shark you have helped me before

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy N8dawg, if you can get an engine rear crossmember from a 54 or 55A, and install that in your chassis, that will get the rear of the engine in position using your 65 or 66 bellhousing. After that you'll have to buy or fabricate front engine mount brackets, the 292 is the only Chevy engine I know of that has its front engine mounts a different distance from the bellhousing on either side. there will be a million other details to deal with as well, but at least the engine will be mounted in the correct place, good luck with your project


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0